Oh how I love to cook (or not cook as the case may be should it be raw vegan)… but during the work week, the last thing I feel like doing is cooking …. so now that we are on a stay-at-home-vacation, I love that I have time, relaxed time, to prepare and try recipes that I may not otherwise be inclined to try…. don’t get me wrong, it’s not like it takes a long time to prepare any of these meals…. but we just tend to stick with the known options and it’s not too often that I’ll try something new during the regular work week… it’s the weekends that get the new recipe designation …. but now, it’s the next couple of weeks that I have the time to try some new recipes… oh, how I love it!!!
Today’s creation is Cauliflower with Swiss Chard Salad.… and it is oh so yummy!!!! A definite “try again” and it’s very easy to make….. from my new favorite book Easy Vegan – Simple Recipes for Healthy Eating…. and as to it’s name… it really was easy to make….
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 small head cauliflower seperated into large florets (I chose to separate into small florets)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (I added a bit more)
- 6 large swiss chard leaves, cut into strips (I used a full bunch, I think it was perhaps 4 leaves, but it worked just fine)
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (I used 3, as we loooove garlic)
- 14oz canned chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp white pepper (I used black pepper)
- sea salt