Day 1 was a success!! I only ate those foods that agree with my body. When I do this I don’t watch calories or quantity, I just eat what I want, when I want and most importantly when I’m hungry and that’s that!!! Surprisingly I wasn’t that hungry most of the day – perhaps because of all the Christmas remnants in my body ) . Also I was feeling a bit “off” all day – although that may be because I didn’t have my morning coffee until noon, and as always I’m very much affected by caffeine withdrawal in a BIG way, with crazy headache and in general just low energy (scary that lack of coffee does that to the body!!).
My eats for the day:
- My day started with green tea (no coffee as my coffee grinder broke!! yikkes)
- I wasn’t hungry until about 9:30 at which time I had an avocado with tomatoes and cucumber slices with lots of pepper and a tad olive oil.
- During the morning I had a couple of cups of hot water, water and around noon stopped at Starbucks for a BIG Bold coffee (caffeine headache was unbearable)
- The morning avocado kept me satisfied until about 3pm although I was only a little hungry at 3pm and had a banana.
- That afternoon around 4pm I made a big salad with brocolli, green & red pepper, garlic, lemon, olive oil, green cabbage, romaine, sprouts, pumpkin seed.
- I was hungry again around 6pm and had a second bowl of salad and topped it with another avocado, olive oil and pepper (my favorite!!)
- I had a bit of a sweet tooth so I also had a Raw Gingerbread Cookie Balls
- Oh I also had about 2 litres of water so that was good as I haven’t been drinking enough lately….
All in all, it sure felt good to eat “clean” for the day especially after the holiday extras that I consumed throughout the month!! And although not a lot of food, it was enough for what my body needed based on hunger. Some days I eat more, some less…. Day 1 was on the lighter side.