My eats for day 5:
- Today started with black coffee once again… although I’m starting to think it’s time to reduce the coffee and increase the green tea over the next few weeks, what do you think?
- Around 8:30 I enjoyed a Daily 5 Smoothie thanks to Jenny Ross’s book Raw Basics
- I was hungry again around 11:30 and created a quick salad with an avocado, tomato and red pepper drizzled with olive oil and fresh ground pepper
- For dinner I made stuffed peppers and potato chips
- For potato chips, I used the Mandoline and sliced a couple of potatoes very thinly, tossed with olive oil and pepper and baked at 350 until crispy. Not raw vegan, you could use the dehydrator if you want true raw vegan. For me a bit of an indulgence and oh so yummy!!
- For the stuffed peppers I “created” the stuffing after looking at a few different recipes in a few different cook books and modified things quite a bit based on the ingredients I had.
- The stuffing included a combination of 1cup pistachio nuts ground in the Cuisinart until still a bit chunky (really it’s personal preference whether you like fine ground or chunky).
- I then added 1cup soaked (and drained) sun-dried tomatoes. I processed a little more until a “dough” like texture was created.
- In a bowl I tossed together some chopped celery, green onions, garlic and olive oil.
- I added the pistachio/sun-dried tomato mixture and stirred.
- This made enough filling to fill 3 peppers with leftover stuffing that I used for lunch the next day (see below). I had one pepper, but for me a 1/2 pepper as a serving would have been better as it is pretty filling.
- I used the leftover filling in salad for lunch the next day – I added a couple of handfuls of spinach in a bowl, crumbled leftover filling on top, added some diced celery and a 1/2 can of mandarines and a spinkle of olive oil. Tossed it all, and I must say, the salad was very very yummy!!