We both have different tastes in the morning. I love smoothies, perhaps you noticed? , whereas my better half enjoys a nice bowl of fruit and oatmeal.
The bowl of fruit option is oh-so-easy (are you starting to notice a theme to my meal preparation approach? ).
- 1 banana slices
- 1 cup berries (raspberries, blueberries or blackberries are the most common ones we like – great dose of anti-oxidants)
- uncooked oatmeal
- almond milk
- 1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds and/or a few dried cranberries
Add sliced bananas to a bowl, top with berries (today we used raspberries). Add just enough oatmeal to lightly cover fruit mixture. Top with almond milk, again just enough to “almost” cover the fruit/oatmeal mixture. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over top.
For myself, yup I’m smoothy girl! Every morning when I make my smoothies, I think to myself “Hmmm… what flavours do I feel like today?” The answer to that question always (yes, always) drives the ingredients I choose for my smoothies.
Today I felt like something very green (very green). It’s yummy, (very yummy) but of course I love greens. If you are just starting you may want to reduce the greens and maybe add a banana.
- 2-3 cups water (or coconut water)
- 1 lemon, peeled and chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped (you may wish to peel if it’s not organic)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cubes wheatgrass
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2-3 handfulls spinach (I just fill the rest of the blender with spinach)
Add water and high content water ingredients first (in order I have above is good). Blend and serve. I put this mixture in the freezer for 1/2 hr before leaving for work.