Here’s an easy-peasy dinner that you can prepare the night before or morning before to save time. The best part is you can use whatever veggies you have on hand, mix and match and try new combinations and flavours. Here’s our creation for the day.
- Brown Rice, cook as directed (we cooked 1/2 cup raw which made about 1.5 cups)
- 2 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 10-ish asparagus
- 2 beets, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatos, thinly sliced
- 2-4 cloves garlic, sliced and crushed
- fresh ground pepper, to taste (I love lots!)
- 2-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Water to cover dish to about 1 cm
In casserole dish layer vegetables – sweet potatoes on the bottom, then onions, then asparagus, beets and lastly tomatoes. Top with garlic, fresh ground pepper and sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
At this point you can store in fridge. Remove from the fridge 1/2 hr before cooking (if possible). Add enough water to depth of about 2cm in casserole dish.
Pre-heat oven to 400 and bake covered (keeps the juices in) for about 45 minutes – cooking times will vary depending on the size of your casserole dish.
Serve vegetables with rice and pour sauce overtop rice (we had beets so our sauce was very red, hence the red rice .
We served with a slice of Art-Is-In Crazy Grain Bread. Yum!!