Beet, Tomato & Chickpea Salad ~ Yup, I love salads! I know, I know – you didn’t know that 🙂 Well, this one was really yummy, and has now become a staple in our home. When I make it, I always try to make a little extra so we have enough for our lunches the next day, easy-peasy is the theme for the day – ok, so it’s the theme of every day here at AlmostRawVegan.com 🙂
AND, I’m VERY excited that my Beet, Tomato & Chickpea Salad was FEATURED on Kris Carr’s Website…. oh so honoured! Thanks Kris Carr, you ROCK! I so love that woman….she has done so much good for so many!
Beet, Tomato & Chickpea Salad
- 5-6 beets, use various colours if you can, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 hot pepper, chopped
- Almost Raw Vegan Option: 1 can (398ml/14oz) chickpeas, I use Eden Organic brand and rinse very well – I like this brand because they don’t use salt but instead use Kombu seaweed, as well their cans are safe with no BPA in the lining.
- Raw Vegan Option you can make sprouted chickpeas.
- 1-2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 extra big handfuls spinach
- 2 heads romaine, chopped
Mix all ingredients except spinach/romaine in a salad bowl. Toss and let sit for a while to marinade flavours. I usually try to do this for 1/2 hr or so. Add spinach and romaine, toss and serve. Enjoy!