I must say, I’m a big fan of Maria’s Noodles pasta – today we used the Red Lentil Fusilli together with a nice medley of vegetables, YUM!
The best part? The ingredients for the pasta are nothing other than red lentils! How great is that?
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper, sliced in slivers
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced in slivers
- 1 small handful snow peas
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 -10 oz jar Sugo all’arrabbiata (my fav spicy pasta sauce)
- 1/2 package Maria’s Noodles Red Lentil Fusilli
Add water to large pot. Heat to boiling. Add pasta, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat, rinse well and set aside.
Add sesame oil to large fry pan or wok. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and heat until softened and lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Add pepper and snow peas and heat through. Add tomatoes and avocado and stir well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and stir well. Add pasta sauce and mix well together.
Add pasta to vegetable mixture, stir well. Heat through.
Serve and enjoy!!