Here’s a very green smoothy, chocked full of vitamins and nutrients to keep you going a long, long time. Who needs a multi-vitamin when you can have a smoothy like this instead. Nature’s bounty of nutritents 🙂
I use something like this when I’m having what I call “a mostly smoothy day”… an almost-cleanse if you will.
I will enjoy a honkin’ big smoothy like this one, and it will last me all day until dinner. Then for dinner I will have a simple salad (i.e. lots of greens with only 1 or maybe 2 different vegetables).
Enjoying a smoothie + salad like this is a great way to give your digestive system a break, a mini-cleanse.
Try it for a day or two and you will see what I mean!
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 avocado (avocado’s are full of vitamins and very healthy fats, your skin will love it!!)
- 1 lemon (peel removed)
- 1-2 TBsp chia seed (great for your intestinal tract, as it’s a gel and it binds toxins as it passes through the intestine/colon)
- 1/3-1/2 cucumber (cuc’s are VERY hydrating, your skin will LOVE it!)
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 big handfuls of parsley (parsley contains so my chlorophyl that it cleanses the whole system, including blood supply PLUS it gives you fresh breath :-))
- 2-3 stalks kale (kale is King of the greens and full of vitamins)
Add all ingredients to your blender (for me that’s my can’t-live-without Blendtec, especially for a smoothie like this where you want a very fine, smooth & fluffy texture!).
Press Smoothie button on your Blentec, or blend on low speed and gradually increase speed blending for no more than a minute in total. Blend on high until smooth and frothy. This batch made almost 2 litres.
To learn more about how I create smoothies visit My Smoothy Approach.