Hummus is, without a doubt a “must have” in our kitchen!
There is so much you can do with hummus – here are a few examples:
- enjoy as a dip with veggies and/or flaxseed crackers
- spread a layer of hummus on a wrap and add tons of veggies & salsa for a YUM snack or lunch!
- Add to ANY Vegetable Stirfry and create a nice creamy sauce
- Add to Potato Salad for a yummy dairy free creamy potato salad
- Add a dollup on top of a Falafel Burger…Mmmm
- and, and, and…. and the list goes on!
And, the best part? Making Hummus is SUPER EASY using a Blendtec Twister Jar.
Hummus (oil-free & salt-free)
- 1 can/14oz Chickpeas (I love EDEN brand as it has no salt added, instead using seaweed and no BPA in the lining of the can)
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon rind & then juiced
- 1-6 cloves garlic (we LOVE garlic so I use tons, but 1-2 cloves is good for most)
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
Rinse chickpeas and add together with tahini to Blendtec Twister Jar. Add lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic and 1/2 cup water. Add Twister lid. Select the “Dips” option on your Blendtec and turn Twister Jar lid counter clockwise at the same time. If you find the consistency is not right, you can add a little more water to make thinner until it reaches your desired consistency! Store in a container in the fridge – it will keep for about a week – although it never lasts that long in our kitchen! 🙂
Enjoy this Video Recipe – HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS
using your Blendtec Twister Jar.