There’s nothing better than a wee popsicle or dish of ice cream (that would be plant-based ice “cream”) when the thermostat is at its summer peak!
Making your own popsicles with your Blendtec Twister jar is so incredibly easy, you’ll wonder why you didn’t make your own sooner. At least that was my experience!
Here’s my easy-peasy recipe that is super adaptable so you can use pretty much any fruit you love. We love bananas and strawberries, but raspberries add a nice tartness too. Blueberries are also yummy, and one of my fav combinations is mango and pineapple. Yum!
The possibilities are truly endless! Let your tastebuds and creative juices guide you!
This recipe is so incredibly healthy (no dairy, no refined sugar, and 100% plant-based), it’s like eating a piece of fruit, but with a cool ice cream texture that your body will LOVE.
Grab your Blendtec Twister jar, and let’s get blending and stock your freezer today with some Rainbow Gems!
These rainbow popsicles are sure to please everyone in your family.
How to Make Rainbow Ice Cream Pops
Makes about 2 cups of filling; adjust recipe as needed.
1 cup strawberries
2 tbsp cocoa
- In your Blendtec Twister jar, add bananas and select the “Ice Cream” button on your machine, twisting lid counter-clockwise during blending.
- Fill ice pop molds ⅓ full with the banana mixture.
- Add strawberries to Blendtec Twister jar (if there is a bit of banana left, don’t worry just add the strawberries to the banana mixture). Select “Ice Cream” button on your machine, twisting lid counter-clockwise.
- Fill ice pop another ⅓ full with banana/strawberry mixture.
- Now add cocoa on top of the remaining mixture and “twist” away!
- Top ice pop molds with ⅓ cocoa mixture.
- Attach lids to ice pop molds and freeze for a couple of hours and store in freezer for a week (although they likely won’t last that long!)
TIP 1: If you use frozen fruit, your pops will take much less time to freeze and will be ready to eat within ½ hour or so.
TIP 2: If you prefer ice-cream, skip the ice pop molds and simply layer in a container, cover with a lid, and store in the freezer.
TIP 3: Removing from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving makes for a nice, almost pudding-like consistency.