Yes, I love salads!! There are so many combinations, variations that I can just never ever get tired of salads. Today’s creation was created in part based on my tastes for the day and in part based on what we had in the fridge from this weeks CSA pickup!!
Makes 4-6 main course servings; 8-12 side servings.
- 6-8 beets, sliced and quartered
- 1 bunch (8-10) carrots, sliced
- 1-2 small leeks or 1 medium leek, sliced
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 handful raw almonds
- 1 handful raisons
- 1/4 cup hempseed
- 1-3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 Tbsp Braggs Liquid Soy Seasoning (yummy and has only a smidgen of salt compared to soy sauce!)
- 1 head chinese cabbage (aka nappa cabbage)
Mix all ingredients (except greens) in a large salad bowl, toss and with sesame oil and braggs. When I make salads I like to blend all the veggies with whatever dressing I use (which is usually any combination of lemon and/or toasted sesame oil, olive oil and/or braggs). I like to let the veggies sit for a while to “marinade” if you will. I find it enhances the flavours. Then I add the greens, in this case nappa cabbage, toss and serve.