Here’s another variation of my Layered Vegetable Bake. These vegetable bakes are the easiest dinner on the planet (at least in my humble opinion). The best part is you can use whatever veggies you have on hand, mix and match and try new combinations and flavours. Here’s today’s creation.
- 3 beets, thinly sliced
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 parsnips, thinly sliced
- 8-10 brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 2 big handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- fresh ground pepper, to taste (I love lots!)
- 2-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Water to cover dish to about 1-2 cm
In casserole dish layer vegetables – beets on the bottom, then onions, parsnips, beets, brussel sprouts & tomatoes. Top with garlic, fresh ground pepper and sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
Add enough water to depth of about 2cm in casserole dish. Pre-heat oven to 400 and bake covered (keeps the juices in) for about 45-50 minutes. Remove cover and put broiler on and broil for a few minutes to brown (watch closely). Note: Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your casserole dish and the vegetables you use.
We served with a nice easy peasy green salad that included spinach tossed with Tabouleh!! .