I love stir-fry! It’s such an easy dinner to make, you can use whatever veggies you have on hand, add any legume, some cooked rice and any spices that you like. Serve with a salad and you have a delicious, filling, healthy, plant-based, whole foods dinner that will satisfy all in the family.
Makes 4 servings (one for me and 3 for my hubby )
- 1/2 cup brown rice (makes 2 cups cooked – follow directions on package)
- 1/4 cup water for ‘frying’ veggies
- 1 head broccoli (including stem), chopped
- 1 box cherry tomatoes
- 10 brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 can (398 ml) black beans, rinsed well
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp Braggs All Purpose Liquid Soy Seasoning
Follow direction for rice to make 2 cups cooked rice. In large fry pan add water and heat on high until near boiling. Add broccoli, cherry tomatoes, brussels sprouts and stir until veggies are a bright colour. Add black beans, sesame oil and braggs. Stir well together. Heat through and serve with a nice green salad.