We love this Cheesy Cauliflower dish, either on it’s own as a main meal or with salad. The best part is you can use whatever vegetable(s) you have on hand, broccoli, carrots, brussels sprouts, tomatoes, red onions… just through them all together toss with the cheesy sauce, bake and enjoy. Can’t get much simpler than that! Also, there are variations for the raw vegan and Almost Raw Vegan!
- 1.5 cups cashews, soaked 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 to 1 lemon
- 6-8 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 green spring onions (I sometimes use basil or cilantro)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets (or mix of cauliflower and broccoli or any vegetable you have on hand, red onion and tomatoes are also yummy wiht cauliflower!)
- 1-2 green spring onions for topping
Cheesy Sauce: Blend the 1st 7 ingredients (i.e. skip green onions for now) in high-speed blender or food processor (I find it’s best in the Blendtec Twister Jar!).
Cauliflower/Vegetable Medley: Prepare cauliflower in a large bowl (add any other veggies as desired).
Assembly: Mix & toss together the vegetable mixture with the “cheese” sauce. Stir really well.
Raw Option: Add mixture to individual serving bowls and dehydrate for 1-2 hours. Sprinkle with spring onions.
Almost Raw Option: Add mixture to casserole dish and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes until warmed through (but not too hot). Sprinkle with spring onions.
Using your Blendtec Twister Jar is perfect for this recipe as shown in the video below. Yes, I’m a Blendtec groupie 🙂 can’t live without mine!