Choosing a Blender ~ If you are really serious about blending, creating smoothies, creating raw ice creams, nut butters, soups, sauces and so much more – I say SAVE YOUR pennies and INVEST in a high quality blender!
The good news ~ I have a way that you can get both a high quality blender AND not break the bank!
First, let me tell you about that the BESTEST high quality (or what I call “cadillac”) blender.
It’s a matter of choosing a blender that is right for you, and the features that fit best with you and your way of blending.
I personally own both a Vitamix & a Blendtec. In my Almost Raw Vegan Kitchen I have a Blendtec Certified Reburbished Designer Series Blender, the Blendtec Twister Jar & Spectacula and I also have a Vitamix.
And, just so you know 🙂 I have also owned a 25 year old, $25 Kitchen Aid (yup, old and cheap), and it worked just fine for me in the early days. OK, my smoothies were a bit chunky, but it still worked fine. Once I was sure I would be blending regularly, that’s when I decided to invest in a high performance blender, which coincidently was around the same time my trusted Kitchen Aid decided she was tired and ready for retirement 🙂
Knowing what I know now? I would have upgraded to a high performance blender much sooner!
There is so much you can do with one of these super powerful blenders – not only will your smoothies be oh-so-smooth, creamy & fluffy (no more gritty bits or clumps! woohoo), but you can also create ice cream, nut butters, soups (in 90 seconds!), sauces and so much more! Oh and the cleanup is super SUPER easy as well!
Here are the specfic features that I love most about Blendtec & Vitamix. I hope my experience and insight will help you decide which blender is right for you!
Choosing a Blender
Features I love the most!
SPEED CONTROL VS PRE-PROGRAMMING
- I love that the Blendtec has pre-programable buttons – there is a button for sauces, drinks, smoothies, ice cream, juices and soups – with the press of a button the Blendtec looks after the time for processing, the changes in speed – you don’t have to worry about anything! The pre-programmed buttons include speed variation and the perfect time/duration to ensure what you are making is perfectly blended each and EVERY time! I love LOVE how easy it is! With the Blendtec, you can also control the speed manually as well.
- The Vitamix has a 2-speed control plus variable dial. This mean you have complete control over the speed you use and there is an easy peasy dial to control the speed, or you simply select high or low speed.
- I also love that the Blendtec unit & Jar fits on the counter AND under the cupboards (it is 15.5″ tall) with the jar included. I don’t need to find extra space in another cupboard to store the jar.
- With my Vitamix (20.5″ tall) I have to store the jar in a different cupboard because it was too tall to fit under the counter. But I know others who don’t give a hoop about things like that, so they love their Vitamix.
- I love the little “handle” at the base of the Blendtec unit, it makes it incredibly easy to move the base across the counter, and the base is lighter than the vitamix base (importatnt for me when my eyes are half closed when I make my morning smoothie :-)).
- The Vitamix base is heavier and for myself I just found it much harder to manoever, since you really have to lift and move away from the wall so the jar can fit on top.
- With both blenders, I love how the smoothies are UBER creamy, fluffy & smooth. This is in part due to the power as well as the style of the jar.
- the Blendtec has 1580 watts and a 2 prong blade, plus the Blendtec Wildside Jar has 5 sides to it and it creates a vortex while blending that makes the texture so amazing!
I sure don’t miss the clumbs and grittiness that existed with my cheaper blender! Both of these cadillac versions are true to their claims and the smoothies are super smooth, creamy and fluffy makes the smoothie experience so much better! They both literally turn ice into snow and even comes with an Ice-Crushing Guarantee! How cool (HA! PUN intended!).
- The Vitamix has 1380 watts and a 4 prong blade, a super duper combination and the reason for your amazingly smooth smoothies.
- Both blenders are also super easy to clean. All you have to do is add a cup or so of hot water, a drop of dish soap – stick it on the base and pulse for a few seconds and voila! It’s all clean. And I have to say, it’s this easy cleanup that makes me use it even more often!
- The one thing I REALLY like about the Blendtec is the addition of the Blendtec Twister Jar & Spectacula, this is perfect companion for ANY Blendtec and it’s ideal for making thicker recipes, like hummus, sauces, dressings, ice-cream and more. It’s a DEFINITE MUST-HAVE companion piece for your Blendtec Blender!
- To compare feastures Blendtec has a great Comparison Chart that shows the different Features, Prices & More! This is a great visual that helps you to see the differences so you can decide what’s right for you.
Enjoy Blendtec or Vitamix WITHOUT Breaking your Bank Account!
If I were to buy a blender today, I would without a doubt, buy one of the powerful blenders on the market – that would be a Blendtec or a Vitamix. They are both exceptional blenders. Find the features that fit best with your lifestyle and that’s the blender for you!
That said, if you are looking to save money buy one of the Blendtec Certified Refurbished Blenders you can save tons of money and still get an amazing product AND their 3 year warranty!
Here are a few benefits to buying Certified Refurbished:
- SAVE MONEY!
- an extremely good prices ~ for example the Blendtec usually runs from $500 to $1000+ depending which model you are buy. But you can get the same high performance CERTIFIED Blendtec Blender for under $300 by purchasing a certified refurbished Blendtec. So if you are looking to NOT break the bank, this is a great option that will allow you to still enjoy the highpower blender and no more itty bitty pieces in your smoothies 🙂
- you still get their AMAZING 3 year warranty on Certified Refurbished Blendtec (by the way, if you do buy new you will get an 8 or 10 year warranty depending on the model you buy!) Vitamix has a 5 year warranty with Vitamix. You get an amazing warranty and there is minimal risk in buying refurbished/reconditioned (and I have to say both Blendtec and Vitamix have been extremely service oriented and they have been very responsive to those who have purchased!)
- the blender is Certified “Refurbished” or “Reconditioned”, which means they put their name and reputation behind the unit so you are getting a great product (watch out as not all refurbished buys are “certified”, so be mindful of this as you are shopping around)
- With the money you save you can buy a Blendtec Twister Jar & Spectacula! Woohoo… making ice cream, hummus, cheesy sauce just got a whole lot easier!
If you are thinking about getting a new blender, upgrading the old, or simply adding to your kitchen repertoire, I highly HIGHLY recommend getting a highspeed blender, either a Refurbished Certified Blendtec AND a Blendtec Twister Jar & Spectacula or Vitamix.
If you aren’t yet sure try this Shop & Compare Chart and Compare Blendtec Blenders Features, Prices & More! You are sure to find something that is in your price range!
I also love this article about Blendtec Certified Refurbished Blenders where you get the details on how they refurbish and what YOU get. They stand by their products and even though it’s refurbished you will definitely get a solid and reliable product. Learn more how they Certify Blendtec Reburbished Blenders here!
And if you are leaning towards a Blendtec… there are AMAZING DEALS, where you can save $120+ or more and get a blender for less than $300. CLICK HERE to see the BLENDTEC DEALS!
I promise you, you will be super happy with your purchase, you will use it often, love the versatility, enjoy the convenience, the power, the easy cleanup, the super creamy goodies, your mind, body & soul will love all the healthy goodness that comes from a blendtec!
Be sure to let me know what you decide!
$75 OFF $300 or MORE!
We know CASH TALKS, right? Well, this deal is SHOUTING to everyone who loves Blendtec. Act now to get $75 off a purchase of $300 or more. Now is the time to buy that Blendtec blender you’ve always wanted, and at a screaming deal, too! (Offer excludes Professional 800, mills and mixers.)
Fill your online Blendtec.com shopping cart right now so you don’t miss a thing!
Mark Your Calendar — THIS IS A 24-HOUR BLACK FRIDAY DEAL ONLY!
24-hour deal ONLY Nov 23 – Nov 24 @ 11:59pm MST.
Add your favourite item to your Shopping CART today, and get ready for the DEAL on November 23/24th.