My super healthy & super easy peasy granola is a staple in our home…. oh and it’s SUPER healthy & nutritious!
Next to smoothies, fresh fruit + granola + cashew milk is our FAV! We also enjoy this super healthy granola as a quick snack at any time of day!
One of my weekend rituals is to:
- make a batch of my easy peasy granola
- make a batch of cashew milk
- then I’m ready to create our easy peasy breakfasts for the week!
My FAV breakfast bowl is granola combined with blueberries + bananas + granola + fluffy cashew milk + dabble raw almond butter! YUMMERS, it’s sooooo delicious!
Ingredients – Easy Peasy Granola
(makes approx. 8 cups, stored in 2 large mason jars)
- 1.5 – 2.5 cups raw nuts & seeds (1/4 cup of each)
- I like to use cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds & pumpkin seeds (the green colour adds to the visual, so don’t skip these), pistachio, pecans, walnuts, pecans
- feel free to use whatever you have onhand and whatever nuts/seeds you like most
- 3/4 cup sweets
- i.e. 1/4 cup each of goji berries, dried cranberries & raisons.
- 4-5 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup or agave (you can skip this and the granola will still be delicious and sweet free!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Place coconut oil container (with lid on) in a bowl of hot tap water in the sink. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it melts to a liquid. Or if you have a microwave heat for a few seconds at a time until melted.
3. In the meantime, in a large bowl, add all the nuts & seeds and stir well.
4. Add rolled oats to nut/seed mixture. Start with 2 cups and gradually add more until you have the proportion you like (remember when you later add the goji berry mixture, this will add to the colour and look).
5. Add the coconut oil & maple syrup and stir well until the oat & nut/seed mixture are well coated.
6. Take cookie sheet and line with parchment paper (I reuse the parchment paper sheet for several batches).
7. Pour the oat/nut & seed mixture on the cookie sheet and distribute evenly.
8. Place cookie sheet in oven for 15-20 minutes. Check after 7-10 minutes ~ the edges will turn brown quicker than the center, so mix well half-way through cooking. Watch closely for the last few minutes as some nuts will toast quicker than others.
9. While the granola is baking, in a separate bowl add the goji berries, cranberries & raisons. Stir well and set aside. DO NOT cook this mixture, they will all burn if you cook, so I like to add to the granola after it’s cooked.
10. Remove cookie sheet and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
11. Move the oat/nut & seed mixture to big bowl, add goji berry mixture and mix well together. Allow to cool completely before placing in mason jar. Store covered for about a week.