I love this Kale Avocado Strawberry Salad. The kale “massaged” with avocado is delicious and I use this approach almost every time I have kale and yummy avocado on hand! The avocado coats the kale as if there was nice thick dressing added to your salad, plus the “massage” helps to breakdown the kale leaf as it’s normally a little stringy/tough, so this softens the kale. Add a wee bit of lemon and top with you favourite fruit and you have a delicious salad. I especially love with strawberries, but I also love other combinations like oranges & pumpkin seed, pears & cashews! The possibilities are endless!
Kale Avocado Strawberry Salad
- 1 head kale, stems removed and cut in bit size pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon, juices
- 1 cup strawberries, slices
- Remove stems from kale and rip into bit size pieces.
- Add 1/2 avocado and lemon juice.
- Massage the kale until it’s well coated with avocado/lemon mixture.
- Slice remaining avocado and add together with sliced strawberries.
- Gently toss and serve.
- Can’t get much easier than that! 😉