Here’s another great flaxseed crackers recipe that adds some interest with the variety of seeds and a wee bit (or a lot) of spice.
Multi-seed Flaxseed Crackers
- 1-1/2 cups flaxseed (you may want a mix of light/dark flaxseed to add colour interest)
- 3/4 cups mixes seeds – I used:
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups water
- 3 tsp cumin (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- In a large bowl, add all seeds and water and soak for 2-4 hours.
- Add spices and mix well together.
- Spread thinly on dehydrator tray (the mixture was enough for almost 4 Nesco trays) and place in dehydrator for 3-4 hours at 100-115 degrees and then flip onto dehydrator tray.
- Continue to dehydrate for another 12 hours (or longer if required).
- Once they are desired crispiness, break into pieces and store in airtight container.
Ok so if you aren’t 100% raw vegan, you can certainly save time by baking in the oven! Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, watch closely. Flip when dry and bake on other side until dry – about 45min to an hour extra.
How easy peasy was that?
Here are a few ways I LOVE to enjoy my flaxseed crackers:
- topped with deliciously refreshing Pineapple Salsa
- dipped into a yummy bowl of Guacamole
- topped with a slice of cucumber and a touch of Herbed Cashew Cheese Spread