Here’s the yummy Picante Kale Salad we are having for lunch on the patio today. I’m enjoying it on it’s own, while hubby will have it with a few leftover pizza slices!! I love the spicy bite of this kale salad and the creaminess of the avocado and lemon, and how it coats the kale so nicely. Yum!! Well, I’m off to enjoy this summer day!! Bon appetite!
- 1 bunch kale, stem removed and in bite size pieces
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 hot red pepper, chopped finely (you can add more if you really like spicy!)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut in bite size pieces
- Add kale pieces to large bowl. Add avocado, lemon and hot peppers. Using your hands massage the kale mixture until well coated with the avocado. The massage also helps breakdown the kale as it can be a little tough. Add mushrooms & broccoli, toss and serve.
Cat’s TIP: Make a double batch of this salad and split it in two. 1st batch as is above, and for the 2nd batch add 2 chopped Mangoes, tossed & served!! The sweet of the Mango was a perfect match for the spicy kale! And now you have two salads to take you through the next 2 days as side at dinner and for lunch! Easy Peasy! 😉