I love LOVE chewy desserts! Not only are they easy to make, but they are perfect to keep on hand in the freezer for those moments where you want something to curb your sweet tooth that is also super healthy! These raw vegan chewy brownie balls are sooo healthy you can eat them any time! Hey, they are so good for you, that they are also great as a post workout snack!! How great is that?
PLUS, this recipe is about as easy-peasy as it gets to satisfy your brownie cravings!! Less than 10 minutes and your raw vegan Chewy Brownie Balls are ready to eat.
Makes: 20-30 Raw Vegan Chewy Brownie Balls depending on how small you create them.
- 1 cups raw walnuts, unsoaked
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, unsoaked
- 8 pitted Medjool dates, unsoaked
- 1/3 cup cocoa or carob powder
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- Add nuts to food processor with S-blade and process until coarsely chopped.
- Remove 1/4 cup (to be added later to provide texture to your Brownie Balls).
- Continue to process nuts in food processor until finely ground.
- Add Medjool dates and process until creates a ball and sticks together.
- Add cocoa and vanilla and pulse to blend well.
- Add water, cranberries, 1/4 cup reserved nuts and pulse briefly until mixed.
That’s it!! I find them very rich so I prefer a wee bite or two at a time so I created small Brownie Balls from the dough, makes about 30 balls. You can also pack firmly into square pan, which would create about 16 brownies if you like a punch of cocoa in one serving.
I like to store in the freezer as this makes them more chewy, but you can also store in the fridge. They will keep in the freezer for a few weeks …if they last that long :-O, or keep in the fridge for about a week. Store in sealed container.
Added a couple of days after the original post: Oh Oh… and then today I took a few (yes three) of the wee chewy brownie balls out of the freezer and added a wee dollop of raw almond butter on top…. oh my!! Oh my, oh my!! Yes, you got it!! A keeper 🙂
Oh and if you love these – you’ll love my other chewy dessert variations: