I don’t know about you, but I find this combination of cucumbers and bell peppers to be oh-so-refreshing.
- 1 cucumber, chopped (you may wish to remove the peel if you are not using organic)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp chopped basil (fresh is preferred)
- 2-3 tbsp chopped chives (fresh is preferred)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1/2 orange (or 1/2 lemon)
- 3-4 handfuls spinach (or your favourite green)
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
Mix cucumber, peppers, herbs, oil and orange. Toss together. I made this in the morning, covered and let is sit in the fridge through the day. After work I added spinach and hemp, tossed and served!! A great spring/summer refresher salad.