What We Eat Daily Typical Meals, Recipes & Sample Meal Plan
Here’s a snippet of some of the typical meals we enjoy everyday, together with a sample meal plan taken from my Plant Powered Recipes & 7-Day Vegan Meal Plan (Get 40% OFF). These are the same whole food, plant-based meals my husband and I enjoy for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack & sweets. And the same meals I ate that resulted in my weight-loss of 20 lbs.
In keeping with the “Almost Raw” Vegan approach ~ for us, generally speaking breakfast and lunch are raw and dinner includes something cooked together with some raw greens & veggies.
For breakfast we love smoothies or fruit with granola/oats and nut milk. Occasionally (once or twice a year) we may have plant-based pancakes, french toast or something along those lines but for the most part we love our smoothies & breakfast bowls.
For lunch, during the week we usually enjoy a BIG salad and on the weekend we might have soup and salad or sandwich, but our staple is a BIG salad every day of the week.
For dinner, more often than not (especially during the winter) we often want something warm, although in the summer we enjoy more BIG salads. So it’s our dinner that tends to be cooked and “almost raw”.
My ARV approach to eating includes a foundation of dark leafy greens with lots of fresh vegetables, some fruits, topped with protein rich sprouts and legumes, a few nuts & seeds including nut butters & nut milks as well as herbs, microgreens, sea vegetables, wheatgrass and finally a dabble of healthy oils and nutritional yeast….. the ideal combination for improved health.
We rarely eat anything processed or in a box (unless it’s legume pasta where the only ingredient legumes, or seed crackers where the ingredients are the same that I would use if I made them myself and all wholesome, etc.). We don’t eat any animal based products (no meats, no fish, no butter, no dairy, no cheese, no eggs, etc.).
For the most part we are wheat-free or certainly significantly-wheat-reduced (me more so than my hubby). We don’t eat anything with refined sugar, and the only soy we eat is in Braggs Seasoning (Ok, I do enjoy the occasional soy Capuccino ;-)). If I do use anything from a can (like my Eden Organics Legumes) I always read the label to ensure there are no extras added and I rinse the content really really well before using.
In a nutshell that’s how we follow an Almost Raw Vegan whole foods, plant-based diet that is probably about 80-90%raw.
Included below are some of the recipes I make all the time ~ from these recipes you can create your own 7-Day Vegan Meal Plan or better yet, if you want to take the worry out of creating your own meal plans, you may find my Plant Powered Recipes & 7-Day Vegan Meal Plan (Get 40% OFF) an easy solution. Whichever approach you take, please give Almost Raw Vegan meals a try for yourself! Your mind & body will love you for it! 🙂
Here are just a few of my fav breakfast smoothies.
Smoothies for breakfast and Salads, Salads, Salads is the one and only for lunch in my books and occasionally (more so in the winter) we will also have soup!
Here’s my general approach for making BIG Salads!
- lots of greens (kale, spinach, romaine are my favorite) – remember greens give you chlorophyll which is what energizes you!
- Top with whatever vegetables are on hand
- Sprouts of any sort (sunflower, buckwheat, micro-greens, bean sprouts, etc.) are always good when on hand they are super nutritious and also give boost of protein
- I love to sprinkle with hemp seed, pumpkin seed, sesame and/or sunflower seed
- Occasionally if we feel the need for something a little more substantive I will add some chickpeas and/or black beans
- I like very simple dressings – I will whip something up in my Blendtec Twister Jar or simple dribble a combination of olive oil, lemon, pepper and occasional a few drops of sesame seed oil/Braggs Soy if I want an asian flavour, plus I may include garlic and/or ginger.
For dinner we tend to have something warm together with a salad and/or veggies. We also love to have BIG salads for dinner (see above), more so in the summer.
Here are a few dinner ideas.
- Shepard’s Pie
- Black Bean Chipotle Burger Wraps
- Spiced Cauliflower Curry with Red Peppers & Peas
- Falafel Burgers with Onions Mushrooms & Tahini Sauce
SNACKS & SWEETS RECIPES
I love to have goodies for snacks or to curb my sweet tooth. Some of my favourites are included below.
- Ice Cream & Rainbow Ice Cream
- Flaxseed crackers with Pineapple Salsa
- Almond Butter & Banana Snack
- Cacao-Avocado Pudding
- Cashew Cranberry Chews