Here’s a quick and easy stir-fry creation that is very versatile, just use whatever veggies you have on hand and enjoy!!
- 1 cup brown/wild rice
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil (or water if you prefer)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp hot chilli peppers (or hot spice of choice)
- 4-5 drops sesame oil
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 10-ish asparagus, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup tomato sauce (I used leftover pizza sauce, or salsa would be good too)
- 2-3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp chives, chopped
Cook the rice as per the directions. You could also use quinoa, buckwheat or any other grain you like. Chop onion and garlic and leave in small bowl. Chop red pepper, asparagus, zuchini and julienne carrots and add to 2nd bowl.
In large fry pan/wok add oil and heat (you can also use water if you prefer to minimize oil in your diet), add onion & garlic and stir until browned. If using wine, add and simmer a few more minutes. Add hot peppers and sesame oil and stir for a minute or two. Add veggies from 2nd bowl to onion/garlic mixture and still until well mixed and heated through (if you prefer close-to-raw you you can heat only a little). Add rice to wok and still with veggie mixture until well blended. Stir in basic and chives. Serve and enjoy!